GoodWorker is an exciting new technology start-up with a social agenda, set up with one dream in mind; helping to transform the lives of blue-collar workers around the world, by leveraging Web 3.0 technologies. Our focus is to start with helping them in advancing their careers and thereby enabling them to improve quality of lives for themselves & their families. Our vision is to create value for workers and employers, impacting 300 million lives by 2030.
GoodWorker is a joint venture between Schoolnet India & LemmaTree (a 100% subsidiary of Temasek, Singapore with hubs in India & Germany) - It started with us raising 34 MN USD in late 2020 followed by building our founding team (headquartered in Bangalore) in 2021. We launched & scaled a biz model that leverages the marketplace of hiring partners across India, to help workers not only discover jobs across sectors but also handhold them till they finally join employers of their choice.
Building on the insights and expertise developed during this period, we are launching multiple technology platforms that together will help realise our vision.
Our Team mission:
Lead through innovative technologies, to deliver on our vision at scale and supercharging those in our community to have exponential outcomes. We believe the following will be the main pillars to fulfill this mission:
- A team that’s tight knit, highly collaborative, inclusive and balances work with fun and learning
- Focus on creating non-linear impact
- Reliable and performant systems
- Deeper understanding of the customer context
- Growth mindset with free thinking and experimentation where we take moonshots.
Associate Software Engineer (ASE)
- Timelines for releasing Offer – within 15 days
- Joining Timelines – On or before 30th June
- Preferred Batch – 2021 & 2022 only
Why should you join us?
- You will join the mission to create positive impact on millions of peoples lives
- You get to work on the latest technologies in a culture which encourages experimentation.
- You get to work with super humans (Psst: Look up these super human1, super human2, super human3, super human4)
- You get to work in an accelerated learning environment
What you will do
- You will author readable, efficient and reliable systems
- You will exercise curiosity in learning new technologies, investing in deeper understanding of the fundamentals
- You will incorporate feedback, pickup clean and optimised coding standards and contribute to keeping the documentation up to date
- You will collaborate with team members and seek help as required to achieve the desired outcomes
- You will be agile and curious about customer problems
- You will take ownership of the health of the system, post release
- You will organize code reviews with peers and participate in tech brainstorming sessions
Who are you:
- You have very strong programming fundamentals
- You have strong coding skills on backend web technologies
- You have knowledge/ experience about front-end technology
- You understand and are interested to consider the hustle of a startup and embrace dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in any web stack (we use Typescript / AWS / DynamoDB / PostgreSQL)
- You are a good team player
- You are curious, a quick learner and someone who loves to experiment